Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Flat Jane Austen in ... Bath? (Or is it?) : A Stroll in Sydney Gardens Part 2

Flat Jane Austen in ... Bath? (Or is it?) : A Stroll in Sydney Gardens


My dearest friends,

My sojourn in Bath is coming to an end, finally. I took one last walk around Sydney Gardens. Yesterday, my uncle drove us to Stoneleigh Abbey to view the beautiful grounds there. The prospect was delightful. The River Avon runs by the estate as you know. The trees have erupted in the most splendid colors and I walked and admired them. A quiet walk contemplating Humphry Repton's grounds concluded our visit. I think I spied deer frolicking in the distance! I do not tell them they are destined for the dinner table come fall.

Yours, 
Jane










Such brilliant pinks! They match my favourite Spencer.


I wonder how old this tree is?
Would the poets compose a sonnet to its great age?


I can almost see a face in this tree!












My dear friends,
Such is life in Bath that I must stop at a shop to purchase flowers and vegetables to grace our table. Lord preserve me from this wretched city. I hope to move on soon to the country. First though, I have been invited by my new friend Miss Susanna Allin to visit her home in America! Imagine that! I believe I half looking forward to the journey across the sea to the land where savages dump tea in the ocean! It shall be a novel experience or quite amusing. Until then, I remain,
Yours,
Jane









No comments:

Post a Comment