Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Flat Jane Austen in ... Bath? (Or is it?) : A Stroll in Sydney Gardens

Flat Jane Austen in ... Bath? (Or is it?) : A Stroll in Sydney Gardens


 Editor's note: A walking path and park in Providence stand in for Syndey Gardens. 

My dearest friends,
I am still here in Bath. As much as I profess to hate this city, it is not without charm. There is much beautiful verdure to admire. I have been walking in Sydney Gardens each day.
 






















                                                       



Making new friends, of a sort. I must have fallen asleep and dreamed of a wondrous, strange land. Perhaps I shall write about it in a novel some day and call it Jane's Adventures in a Wondrous Land.





 

Editor's note: This tree lined boulevard dates to much later than Jane's time. It was constructed in 1894 to provide better access to the large park-like cemetery (behind the stone wall). The walking path was created when the old early 1900s trolley tracks were removed. The stone bandstand was once the trolley shelter. The Easter Bunny and toy garden are in someone's private yard available for all to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment